Friday, March 16, 2007

Flotsam-Jetsam

First, a commercial that's been playing in my head ever since I've seen it.
Driver: I’d like an order of Love Handles and Double Chins with a side of Blubber.
Drive-thru: Would you like Double Blubber?
Driver: Sure.
Passenger: I’d like the same but instead of the Blubber, I’ll have the Thunder Thighs and Badonkadonk Butt.

Every time I see this commercial I laugh out loud. The couple orders these items in such a matter-of-fact manner, like what they are saying is actually the fast food item instead of what the item causes.

And seeing a typical sedan-driving-suburban wife say “Badonkadonk Butt” is just too funny.

Hey, OJ may actually get his book published but he wouldn’t get the money from it, I think the victims' families might. At least that is what I gathered from the channel-surfing flash. My thought - innocent people don’t publish a book-length fantasy of how they would have done the murder. They spend their time wondering why they were suspected and why the victims were victims and "oh my god what will this do to my kids" instead of dwelling long and hard on how they would have committed the crime. I wonder what John Douglas (Mind Hunter – profiler extraordinaire) would say about this. I think there is some connection between serial killers writing to the newspaper and police and OJ writing/publishing this book.

I got this massive Bunny Bubble Wand at Wal-Mart (as well as assorted chocolate-covered marshmallow treats, coz I can’t pass those up for the life of me and it's close to Eastertime and all). It makes bubbles that are bigger than Moomin. I will try to take pictures this weekend. He makes me laugh when this huge bubble floats down and he tries to “sniff” it and it pops all over him. Doesn’t faze him a bit, he goes and sniffs the next one and the next one and the next one… until he’s covered in bubble scum.

I ran into an old family of mine when I went to Wal-Mart on Tuesday. I saw the mother, thought I recognized her, and almost did the “look away and walk by” thing when I realized that was just ridiculous. So I stopped her with, “do I know you?” She said the same thing and I listed off all my professions and she picked the preschool one and remembered my name with that memory jog. God, took me way back to the late ‘90’s. I used to teach the little girl, so in my mind she’s this tiny waif-like little girl that only comes up to my waist. Now she’s a taller-than-me 13 year old who is wonderfully pretty and polite. And her mother still has her whacky sense of humor. The girl said she remembered all the fun she had with me as her teacher. That’s so good to know! That not only she remembered me but that I made learning fun for her. Makes my teacher side want to jump to the forefront and take over my career...

I spent my morning in CPR training yesterday. They’ve made some significant changes since I took it last year. Less to remember so that’s good – 30 chest compressions for every 2 breaths and you don’t have to find the zyphoid thing anymore. But informing the class that people in physical distress could vomit in our mouths when we’re doing rescue breathing was just TMI in the morning. Makes me want to be the person that calls 911 and waits for the ambulance. I also felt like one of my clients. I had a very difficult time sitting still. Fidget-city. Could have been that we were going to have to take a test as well as be observed doing the proper procedure on the mannequin – not my favorite part of the whole ordeal at all.

Well, we are due for a “major” snowstorm tonight into tomorrow. Significant snowfall followed by rain which means shoveling is going to be grueling and I’ll be soaked thru.

Here’s hoping the new vitamin regimen helps with sleeping better and remembering more besides general overall good health. It’s only been two days so far. We shall see.

Oh, sorry to leave you all hanging, but I did finally hear that my brain is normal. No funky places and every thing where it’s supposed to be and looks like it should. So that’s good news. It just means that the headaches are still rather mysterious as to why they occur. I know what makes them occur but not why.

Have a super duper weekend!

No comments: