Friday, July 07, 2006

Full Frontal Friday

I know for a fact this is not in my job description. My supervisor just came back from a client’s home. She said she’d been treated to a “Full Frontal Friday” by her client. Granted going buck-naked and swingin’ free, especially in hot weather, would be many people’s choice, but come on… When you are expecting company, professional level company no less, clients should make sure parts are decently covered. And if they are unable to manage this, the parents should manage it for them. I have been to several meetings where bottom clothing was optional for the client.

This reminds me of a time in my wild and crazy past. My friends and I went downtown (read: 45 minute drive from where we lived) one Friday night and whooped it up at this bar we frequented that typically had live music of the cover-band sort. We had our usual rowdy time and afterwards converged at the local pizza joint that stayed open after the bars closed (read: major drunks will pay much money to satisfy the munchies). We got our slices of pizza, poured the Parmesan cheese on them, and took our ice-water, napkins, and pizza outside. We usually sat on the window ledge of a shop next door and watched the show. On a typical night we’d see several fights where participants were hustled away in a paddy wagon, break-ups, hook-ups, people getting sick, and even the occasional drug exchange. Anyhoo, we were sitting finishing up our slices when this guy comes up and starts chatting. Nothing wrong with that. He drifts back to his group. Next thing we know, he leaps back in front of us (read: specifically me as I was in the middle) and drops his pants. Well, the cops jumped in so fast we did not get much of a look. As they pantsed him back up, one cop asked us if we wanted to press charges. I replied that what we saw didn’t merit pressing charges. The cops and surrounding people laughed. The pants-dropping guy wasn’t amused. But hey, if you are going to indiscriminately show your equipment, you’d better be prepared for constructive criticism.

To those of you who are in a healthy and happy relationship or just beginning one, I wish you a “Full Frontal Friday”!

No comments: