Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Crazy Aunt Purl Was Right

Excerpt from Crazy Aunt Purl’s July Hor-O-Scopes…

“LEO(July23-August22)
The planets have aligned for you in such a way that July will be an excellent personal shopping month, should you choose to exercise that credit card. Your talent for bargain-hunting has been heightened by a lovely full moon mid-month, ripe for half-off sales and hidden handbag gems. Or power tools, because for some reason there may be power tools in your month. I do not know! Either way, you will have the strength to fend off buyer's remorse, the fortuitous happy moment of avoiding a poor impulse buy, and the good luck to shop without fear because somehow you have money in your moon. Take advantage of it, but for God's sake -- avoid pleather! Your planets do not look good seated on pleather, especially Uranus (sorry! could not resist!)

Could she be any righter? Aunt Purl was spot-on with her Leo horoscope as far as I (one of the utmost Leo-y Leos) am concerned! I went shopping to find small inexpensive birthday gifts for two July b-day co-workers, but ended up finding things, fabulous things, for myself! A be-jewelled picture frame on Clearance, two “so ugly they’re funky” Clearance pairs of shoes (and totally frivolous, I might add, I cannot wear them when the weather forecasts rain), 2 under $20 denim long skirts, and a shadow box with hinged glass lid for under $20. Not to mention the book finds at the bookstore. I took everything home and just gloated over my new treasures. I did not find anything for the co-workers. Oh well.

But being a Murphy’s Law kinda girl, my luck is always tempered by humbling events. The better the luck, the more humbling the events. I was majorly humbled this morning. I wear contacts and I must have still been gloating, because I spaced and missed all the signs that I was in for a painful surprise. I put my just-rinsed contact lens in my eye and experienced immediate burning pain on the surface of my eyeball. I popped the contact lens off and did a prolonged eye wash with cold water. I seriously thought I’d done some major damage, but once I could see again, I saw the RED top of the disinfectant bottle and the print that says “Do Not Put in Eye!” I also ignored the sign of bubbles appearing on my lens, I brushed it off (prior to placing the lens in my eye) as leftover bubbles from neutralized solution. Yeah right. Being the thorough person I am (read: moderately OCD), I probably over-rinsed my eye and the lens. Once things were back on track, I put both lenses in and admired my normal eye and fire-engine-red eye in the mirror and went to go get dressed.

The next two humbling events were: 1) getting caught behind a red Toyota sports car with the top down and a BabyBoomer consistently driving 10 miles under the speed limit. I flicked her aura several times and I’m hoping it has a fast turn-around. 2) I spend a large amount of time trying to figure out how to create a Links section in my side-bar. I have come to the realization that either a) I picked a nimrod template and it won’t accept my changes or b) I don’t know what the hell I am doing because I am, after all, computerly challenged.

Flicking auras will be discussed at a later post…

For Aunt Purl and giggling, go to www.crazyauntpurl.com

No comments: