Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Other Side of the Road X 3

I was in meetings all day today. Directly after the first meeting:

1) a squirrel crossed the road to get to the other side. He was very far ahead and super quick so I didn't have to do anything but make sure he didn't suddenly change his mind and dash back, which he didn't.

2) I looked to my left and saw a turkey booking it in the field with definite plans to cross the road to get to the other side. I estimated it's right-angled trajectory to my trajectory would allow it to meet me head-on so I braked a bit. The turkey decided last minute to loft itself and fly over the road but it's good I slowed down as it wasn't too high off the ground.

3) I was heading down a steep curved hill with the river/railings on my right and a jack-ass on my ass when a groundhog decided to zoom out of the railings to get to the other side and this time I had to slam on the brakes, swerve a bit, and heave a big sign when I didn't hit him and the jack-ass didn't hit me.

Things happen in threes. I didn't see hide or hair or fur of another critter trying to cross the road to get to the other side.

Whew. I couldn't take anymore!

No comments: