Thursday, December 11, 2008

Storm Crazy

We are having an ice storm today into tonight into tomorrow. My car was coated with ice when it came time for me to leave work. My poor new car, tho it was bound to happen sooner or later. I found out that my defrost ROCKS! I had a clear dry windshield in a matter of minutes that was easy to scrape.

I made a mistake and visited the grocery story. Every storm-crazed person was there frantically filling their carts with random items in preparation for the predicted power outages. It was bedlam. And I couldn't understand most of the stuff in people's carts. One lady was hurrying out to her car with a 12-pack of beer and that was all. Another family had their cart full of bags of chips. Other people had a cart full of stuff that needed to be refrigerated. That I couldn't understand. If the power goes out, you aren't supposed to open the fridge. And there were crowds in front of the Red Box for the $1 videos. Again, power outages, people. How do you expect to watch videos when there's no power? A goofy couple was looking dreamily into each other's eyes while they browsed the organic foods. Lots of people were picking up the pre-made hot foods like fried chicken, ribs, sweet-sour breaded chicken.

And why was I there? I had to get spring water for the cats as Moomin can't and won't drink the water from the faucet coz it smells bad to cats. I can smell the chlorine at times in the morning but I have no idea what Moomin is smelling but it must be pretty bad.

I'm leaving my garage door open coz when the power goes out, I can't open it and get to my car. And you need access to your car in an emergency.

No comments: