Saturday, August 16, 2008

Celebrating My B'Day Hotness

I tried to pre-prepare for my birthday celebration.

On Wednesday, I called my best friend's daughter, M, to see if she was available to go out at the local venue Friday evening and celebrate. She told me she thought she'd made plans with someone and would check and call me back.

I hadn't heard back from her by today and I left a message earlier. By tonight, I was a tad worried as I had not heard back from her (she's usually prompt in returning messages) and I left a message and tried to call 3 other times. I tried really hard not to be a pest.

So to err on the optimistic side, I found an outfit, put my hair in curlers, spent alot of time putting a face on, painted my nails to match my Angelina Jolie sweater (it just has that feeling), and called once more at 10pm. Her voice mail picked right up again. I figured (hoped) something was wrong with her phone.

I decided to drive to the local venue to see if I saw M's car. No see'um. I listened to my intuition and drove to her apartment. M was there. She apologized for not getting back to me and said her phone was uncharged. She and her boyfriend R asked me what I would like to do. I told them that I was flexible, but since I already had 10 oz of make-up on, I'd like go out tonight if they were willing. M took 3 minutes and R took 1 minute (I hate guys!). They piled into my car and off we went.

I had such a fun time!! People watching is so interesting. Quite the drama with Vagina Chick 2.0 happening next to our table. Vagina Chick 1.0 was this obnoxious blonde who suctioned cupped her Vahjayjay to the dance floor mirror during J's and my party days. 2.0 looked similar with her kinky white blonde hair, leopard print thong, white jeans, and slutty attitude. All the guys passing her table would roll their eyes or make a face. M says V. Chick 2.0 is a piece of work and not a nice one at that.

The bartender made me and R very strong Grateful Deads which I managed to make that last the entire evening.

I saw two blast from the pasts. I can't wait to tell J about the first one and the second was BoobTube Lady from our past in the '90s. Doing the same damn thing she was when I first started going out with J - dressing inappropriately for her age (she's probably a grandmother 10 times over) and attempting to dance to the live band with her skeezy old guy boyfriend or significant other. When J and I first started going dancing, BoobTube Lady was wearing exactly that, an orange one to be precise, and very short satin gym shorts from the 80's with the three stripes up the side. Yeah. She was a visual treat. Tonight she just had tight stuff on and was getting her old groove thang on. Not in a cute old person way either, more in a white trash missing teeth redneck icky way.

I'm such a happy camper. A guy said I was HOT. I'm hot!!! Makes the muffin topping that was invisibly happening under the Angelina Jolie sweater seem like small stuff!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I haven't been thinking this would go anywhere anyway. Just something to think about when I'm bored or need a self-esteem pickmeup. Most likely we're COMPLETELY incompatible - I'm too much of a hermit and happy to change my life to accomodate someone else. I'm not getting all hung up on this. Just letting it flows where it goes.

If nothing else, it'd be nice to add another friend to the bunch. I miss friends with testosterone. Oh those college days...

Meglet said...

You go, girl! But be careful, 'cause I don't know about the 'can't exchange numbers and super busy bit'. Might be nice, but also could be a 'player'.
And happy belated birthday. Sounds like you had an awesome day! I've been cutting way back on intake lately, so Chinese and ice cream sounds dreamy!