Monday, January 11, 2010

A Balance is Always Struck

No matter what.

I had such a wonderful Saturday evening out with my friend L. Laughing and talking while enjoying a Scorpion Bowl or two with chicken fingers and crab ragoons. Then off to the local tavern for more talking and laughing and happened to meet up with some of her friends I'd met at the Yankee Swap Xmas party. So we had a nice big comfy group that ebbed and flowed with a number of different people that was always fun and relaxed. The best:)

And then today.

Trapped in a 2 hour meeting that unexpectedly had a Part 2 of 2 hours that I had not been informed of up until 15 minutes prior to it. 4 hours of sitting on some superlatively uncomfortable chairs.

Then driving back to the office, I thought a rock hit my windshield and made a divet and then I thought I drove over something a bit strange but it sounded like I went over whatever it was with both tires so assumed it was a road surface issue. Turns out I couldn't find the divet but my boss told me at 4:14pm that I had a flatter than flat tire on the back passenger side. I rushed outside and what I could see of the metallic thing in my tire looked really nasty. Not at all like times I've run over a bolt or a fork.

Golden sides of the coin:
At least I wasn't driving on the flat.
I had access to a phone.
Could wait indoors for my rescuers.
I have Triple A.
Who came in 45 min and put my spare on.
VIP had been planning on sending their tire guy home but when I called and explained my situation, they said they could fit me in and they'd keep him until I got there.

They showed me the piece of jagged nasty metal that ripped a big ass irreparable hole in my tire. I was told small cars like mine need the same tires on all four wheels so they are going to find a Dunlop tire and call me when they do and "work around my schedule to get it on". So nice of them.

So a balance has been struck: the wages of a super good time on Saturday were an aching ass and a flat tire. In the grand scheme of really bad things that can happen, I'll take the ass and tire any day, Saturday cheer still holds and it's all good.

No comments: