Friday, July 17, 2009

Like a Good Neighbor...

Slambo is there.

Once again I'm in charge of watering my neighbor's plants while she is away. But this year I really haven't had to because of all the rain. I totally lucked out in that respect. Besides, the deer or some other wild suburban animals have been extreme-barbering the dahlias I injured last year.

On the other hand, I don't think she arranged for anyone to mow her lawn so I've taken it upon myself to be a good neighbor and mow hers when I mow mine. Our lawns merge after all and when I mow my side lawn, her unmown grass is VERY noticeable, not to mention unsightly.

So I mowed two yards (back and front) today after work before the rain settles in again this weekend. And it was very humid. And buggy. And I was a drippy schweaty mess. God how I dislike heat/humidity.

At work we are dealing with a salmonella outbreak in the downstairs part of the building. Adding diarrhea to hot and humid weather. Instant big time fun.

I was just informed yesterday that my famous or "infamous" (depending on what level a health nut you are) party pretzels have been requested for a bake sale for next week. I've been told that people buy them in bulk and are hugely disappointed when they're gone. In addition to the Reese's PB baking bits (crushed) flavor, I'm substituting mini choc chips for crushed M&M baking bits (what a pain in the ass crushing them is) with some sprinkles added for color and a new flavor of crushed Whoppers. I had an idea for a healthy version - fruit bits with mini choc chips, sort of like trail mix glued onto a pretzel - but the powers that be tell me no one wants the party pretzels to be healthy.

It's supposed to be hot and humid all weekend, I'm not really looking forward to spending time over the stove with a double boiler full of white chocolate and trays upon trays of candy coated pretzels.

I'm just too damn nice for my own good.

No comments: