Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Bit About My Fit

This car rocks.

It's averaging about 40 miles/gallon.

It defrosts like a demon.

So far it has dealt extremely well with snow, slush, and mud.

(Aside: Mud Season is headed our way very shortly. There is no "spring" in Maine - what the rest of you folks fondly call "spring" is divided into two delightful parts here in the upper Northeast: Mud Season and Black Fly Hell. The first means entire towns smell like cowshit consecutive days on end, unpaved driveways composed of deep mucky ruts waiting for unwary drivers who will need hours of help, a few boards, or a tow to get unstuck, and your yard resembles a manure quagmire loosely covered with a bad toupee made of last season's grass. The second means exactly what it says, the black flies are out and about and jonsing for freshly thawed out and unwrapped humans. Their bites raise bumps that resemble goiters. It's loads of fun.)

It's comfy.

I can open the back windows for fresh blowing air and my hair won't mess up. (My old car didn't have this option and with no air conditioning, my hair was always a mess.)

My parents' dog is ubercomfy in the "magic" seating fold-down maneuver.

Dusting it is a breeze so far.

It thinks for me. It let me know my tire pressure was low and just today it let me know it was due for an oil change. I'd already anticipated the oil change coz I got tired of waiting for the wrench symbol to show up and scheduled an appt earlier this week for tomorrow at the crack of dawn. Yeah me.

I love driving it.

It has intersection balls,

it turns nicely,

it fits into really small parking spaces but I can put a buttload of stuff in it,

and it's damn cute.

3 comments:

Joanna Stein said...

I couldn't agree more! Since my dog is old and can't jump anymore, the flip up of the seat is perfect.

We'd totally become a two Fit family if I wanted to make another car payment.

Deborah Boschert said...

Me too..

If you count extended family, Joanna and I DO make up a 2 Fit family.

Joanna Stein said...

All Hail the FIT!