Wednesday, September 12, 2007

10 Things That Make Me Realize Life Is Good

1) Having my cats on my lap, all snug and curled up. This just makes me feel loved and all’s right in my world (and their’s).

2) Not having to get up when my alarm clock goes off. I love being able to turn it off, roll over and go back to Snoozeville for a couple hours, especially when three furry kids are heaped up on and around me so that it’s a great big warm Cuddlefest. This morning before the alarm went off, there were a lot of sneak attacks, ambushes, hissing, snarling, and fighting going on but when my alarm went off, every furry kiddo was curled up on or beside me, so I stayed in bed for an extra half hour to enjoy the warm kittiness.

3) Being in a bookstore and browsing the shelves. I can so lose track of time and the outside world.

4) Finding a new book by one of my favorite authors. Total book glow!

5) Cooking a new recipe that has all (or most) of my favorite ingredients and being able to eat as much of it as I want.

6) Making my Christmas candy. I work with crushed cookies/cream cheese/melted chocolate and listen to Christmas carols all day long.

7) Getting a call from one of my friends or my mom and making plans to do something together and then finding things to talk about so that hanging up is next to impossible.

8) Driving my car with no particular place to go or schedule to follow and all the radio stations are playing good songs and the sun is shining and the windows are open and the road is fairly clear and there’s a general feeling that everything is “just fine and dandy”.

9) Having a weekend or day where I can just stay in my PJs, sit in the Chair of Death, and read one book after another. The only time I get up is to eat, use the bathroom, or play with the cats.

10) Laughing. I love having a belly laugh surprised right out of me. I love having my Favorite Co-Worker get the giggles and then I start giggling which makes her laugh which makes me laugh which then leads to both of us laughing so hard we get tears in our eyes and then she has to go pee.

No comments: