Sunday, April 17, 2011

It's a Wild and Wooly Day


The wind has been very blustery, so strong it pushed my heavy plastic Andirondack chair away from the house and into the middle of my driveway. MrL said his parents have lost their awning and "there's shit all over the place." Not to mention a huge fire on the block of apts/businesses where I get my hair cut that re-routed him from getting home to shower and to work this morning. I tried looking the fire up but it's too early for anything to be posted or reported on. MrL said the flames were pretty intense from what he could see. Will have to check later.

I have my post-surgical appointment tomorrow. Looking forward to what they will find and say. The glue on my incisions is starting to come off, already off on the incision towards my side, rubbed off in my sleep is what I'm thinking. The itchy bumps are not so itchy and subsiding, yeah!

My dinner did not agree with me last night. One of the nurses told me that there is a good chance that what doesn't agree with me now may agree with me in a month, several months, or a year from now and I should keep tabs on it. It's nice to have hope, but I think my problem yesterday was that I may have had a little too much too soon. I'm trying very hard to stay between 5-10 grams of fat per day and I think my dinner pushed me over the edge a bit last night even tho I ate less then a fourth of it. It was either that or the headache. I'm thinking it was both. I feel much better today but then I TMIed quite a bit before bed and this morning. Anyone want a massive serving of chicken and peapods? I'm definitely not going to finish it!

Hobber has taken a leaf from Riley's "not eating" manual. After not eating Friday, he did finally scarf down his dinner of liver/beef feast (wet food) last night so on my way back from my appointment tomorrow I'm going to pick some more of that up for him as he didn't eat much of his bfast this morning. Rassin'Frassin' picky eaters... Doodle's still hoovering, no issues there.

Well, I've got a book yelling my name and as I'm still not feeling 100%, I'm going to plunk my ass down to read and watch the wind blow. Later.

1 comment:

Kurt Ringrose said...

"Sometimes, when an individual living alone dies unexpectedly, several days may pass before anyone takes notice. Some of these individuals may own a dog or a cat, which will go unfed. In my experience, a dog may go for several days before finally resorting to eating the owner's body. A cat, on the other hand, will only wait a day or two. Just goes to show you which is more loyal. So, the next time you're falling asleep on the couch with the football game on, take a look at your cat. He's not watching you because he's enamored of you; he's checking to see if your chest is still moving."

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1922/will-cats-eat-their-owners