Friday, December 24, 2010

Tree Finally Finished

Today I finally took off the dud lights and put the new LED strands on. Typically I decorate in a massive "red and gold" theme but as I only had dregs for lights to choose from, I picked the best of the lot which was multi-colored minis. Which are pretty, don't get me wrong, we always had multis growing up. It's just that my tree is usually redNgold everything. But tis the season this year for all things different. Out with the rigidity and inflexibility and in with the totally flying by the seat of my pants. Lighting and decorating my tree on Xmas Eve is a big first, and very seat of my pants. The only reason it's decorated is because it has to stay up until New Year's for luck and I couldn't have a nude tree going into the new year. (See, not entirely gone, the rigidity and inflexibility rear their heads for that tradition!) Anyhoo, I couldn't take a non-blurry photo of the tree, so here's the best of a smeary lot and then an experimental one which looks very cool!


It's like candy cane lightning!

I have to get ready, going to Mr. L's family for Xmas Eve. Another first!

No comments: