Tuesday, August 17, 2010

And So the B'day Destruction and Mayhem Continues

Everyone keeps asking me how my birthday went yesterday. I keep telling them the b'day weekend was way better than the b'day itself. Don't get me wrong, my birthday is essentially a good day, celebrating my arrival and continued attendance to this party we call life. Mr. L took me to dinner, my dad took me to dinner and a movie, and I got a bunch of cards.

But I could have done without the trail of mishaps, accidents, and breakages. I'm hoping this doesn't set the tone for the rest of my year...

First up, I had extreme difficulties getting out of my own way yesterday morning getting up and getting to work. Always big time fun when the inanimate objects conspiracy-ize against you.

Then at work, I knocked over a huge pile of paperwork and resources, busting several folders and mixing up the papers well.

Some computer hiccups.

Learned there was some miscommunication and the meeting I thought was scheduled for yesterday, the client thought was scheduled last Monday and considered me a no-show. I love coming across as inefficient and a slacker. Worked hard to rectify the mistake.

Then back at home, I was fixing the cats' dinner whilst simultaneously talking to my brother via speaker phone, I dropped the phone and Moomin's dinner. Moomin's 3 tablespoon's of water mixed with food dinner dropped directly onto the handset, filling every crack and crevice with watered down food and liquid. I hung up with him and spent the next 45 minutes cleaning and drying it off. Bro called me back and let me know the handset had a high-pitched buzz coming thru on his end, same on my end. Thank goodness I have a second handset in the bedroom. Used that for the rest of the night.

Learned from Mr. L that all of the main street going thru town was without power late afternoon which negatively impacted his ability to do his job effectively and he basically had a suck-a$$ day himself.

This morning, I woke up and preceded to break the thing holding up my bathroom fan so I had to take 20 minutes to dismantle the apparatus, clean the fan, and find a new hanger. Did and done.

Spilled the water for Moo's breakfast.

Managed to get to work in one piece, work day was fine despite two power outage hiccups, and got myself a b'day present after work at Target.

So all's well that ends well.

No comments: