Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Long Time, No Bloggin'

Sorry about the hiatus. Here's a wonderfully funny picture that is circling my work's email...


Drunken Pumpkin

Love it!


I've been making some changes around the home. Had two new doors (replaced the 20 yr old sliding glass door with French paned door and replaced acrylic windowed side door with thermally smart door) installed. Major major improvement. Not only do they match my windows making my house look "finished" and home-y and no more skeleton keys now that I have real locks and deadbolts, but I haven't had to put the heat on yet and the basement dehumidifier hasn't had to be emptied since Friday. Amazing!


A "thing" I've been working on is stopping and thinking when someone asks me to join them, try something, or do something and say "yes" instead of knee-jerk reaction "no"-ing. I've yessed myself into taking a knitting class with co-worker C. This is a good way to spend time in her gigglicious company one evening a week for 6 weeks and when someone asks if I like knitting I can give an honest answer as I will have tried it. We'll be starting the end of Oct and beginning with a dishtowel. I'd rather make a scarf. C pointed out today that a scarf is a dishtowel that didn't end when it should. Then she said there was some basic math involved but not to worry as it's not physics formulas or calculus. Great. Math is incomprehensible to me regardless of it's level.


Some observations:
If you ride a Harley, shouldn't your arms be thicker than your handle bars?


Don't you think the Prius looks like a Penis, or is it just me?


Why is it 50 year old men think I'm the greatest thing?


My car is averaging 40-43 miles per gallon. Whoo hoo!!!


Is there anybody left to read me?

3 comments:

Joanna Stein said...

Do you love you Fit? Can you believe that they sold out of the 08 year in August?!?

You should post door/window pictures.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you were. I was also thinking about you and your great photography skills. Maybe you could get a contract to do a series of pictures for your local newspaper, Fall pictures of squirrels and the likes? Markets, round about town? Oh, they probably do have a photographer, but not one with your 'mad' skills and eyes for a great shoot.

Anonymous said...

The pumpkins...LOL..I think I'll do just that and have it ready and vomitting for when my son comes home....doing military duty against my wishes/opinion...but it would be a great 'gag' for a beer-head.