Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!


I wore a skeleton costume to work today - big black mock turtleneck and black leggings with white bones painted on them. I whipped this costume up when I was a preschool teacher coz I needed something comfortable enough to work with kiddos, that could take a beating or a boogering, and didn't scare the bajeezus out of 'em. But I had to leave early coz I was basically a biohazardous skeleton. Filling the Kleenex continues as we speak...

I plundered my pumpkins this evening. I scooped guts to get the seeds, turned on the oven to pre-heat, and buttered/salted the seeds (after some major OCD washing of them) on a cookie tray. Opening the oven, I discovered I had forgotten the leftover bread I'd made and stored in the oven so the cats didn't rip thru the plastic. Yeah, I'm so smart. Now you know why I'm not interested in having children - I'm going to end the world someday and I don't want to be responsible for killing my own offspring. I melted the plastic bag nicely onto the rack and snugly around the pan. Let's just say a disaster of major proportions was VERY narrowly averted... but the seeds got in safely and were baked to purr-fection.

I carved my pumpkins this year instead of just chopping them up and putting them in the compost for the backyard wildlife. I'll do that tomorrow. I had lots of compliments on the cat pumpkin.

I had 30 trick or treaters, same as last year, but more bigger kids/college kids (all in fancy costumes, I'll give them credit for that) than last year. Damn town Rec Center party! I miss seeing the little ones staggering up my steps in some super-detailed creation their over-achieving parents stuffed them into.

Enjoy the witching hour!


No comments: