Friday, July 23, 2010

So I Think I've Finally Found a Way to Drink Green Tea

Sorry, all you tea drinkers and lovers, but tea totally tastes like nasty-ass dirtNgrass!

My friend J has done oodles of "research" and insists I start drinking green tea every day because it's so good for you. In addition to 2 cups of 100% blueberry juice. So on Tuesday I decided to go the "two birds, one stone" route and make a cup of tea, chill it, and put in frozen pureed blueberries to make a summer antioxidant smoothie.

Can you say GAG GAG GAG GAG?

I gave it the college try, I really did. I added agave to it to see if that would help. Nope! Just tasted like sweet blueberry nasty-ass dirtNgrass.

Called J and dropped the f-bomb numerous times while I tried downing the stuff in a hurry using her for a distraction. I was taking big spoonfuls and throwing them to the back of my throat to avoid tasting the crap. I managed to get a cup down before the back of my throat started to seriously rebel and the big gags set in.

Needless to say, I threw the failed experiment down the drain and told J, no way in hell am I a tea drinker.

I asked around at work the next day to see what other people did with their tea and while my reaction to tea amused them, no one had any good ideas on how to negate the taste of tea, basically coz they all LIKE it.

My ideas, like adding amaretto or key lime soda to it, were not any good coz the badness of them would cancel out the goodness of the tea. I finally came up with an idea very late in the afternoon yesterday... why not add Special Dark cocoa? That's strong, it's chocolate which I adore, AND dark chocolate has antioxidants too. (Special Dark is "dutch processed" so the container's caveat is that it has less than the unprocessed cocoa - I figure the green nasty-ass dirtNgrass tea more than makes up the difference.)

So I tried it this morning and while I definitely went a bit overboard with the cocoa (I will reduce it gradually to get the right ratio), I did not taste the nasty-ass dirtNgrass at all.

Hallelujah, praise the Universal Being, I have found a way to drink green tea in the morning and add it to my daily health-regimen of probiotic, turmeric, cranberry extract, Garlique, and 2 cups of 100% blueberry juice!

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

2 cups of blueberry juice is WAY TOO MUCH. The calorie count in that much juice is ridiculous.

6 ounces of fruit juice is the approved serving size.

Samantha said...

Not bottled juice, frozen blueberries pureed up with water, less calories and a good bedtime snack/drink to burn fat overnight... Well, that's the idea anyway.