Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Golden Sides of Several Coins

Coin #1:
Tarnished side: spent 20 minutes Sunday night looking for the stamps I knew I still had and did not find them. I found three old priced ones and a slew of old postcard stamps.
Golden side: didn't have to wait in line very long at the Post Office Monday morning despite a lot of people there bright and early, got my bills out on time, and got two new strips of stamps.
Unexpected bonus side: the stamps I was looking for turned up in my photograph folio while my hair stylist looked thru them in preparation for me showing my work at her salon.

Coin #2:
Tarnished side: not sleeping well lately.
Golden side: since I started taking Tumeric tablets, the lack of sleep has been considerably less of an issue. Although I am still not a morning person, I have actually been able to physically get out of bed and be awake shortly after my alarm clock goes off as opposed to a butt-draggin' cranky-ass that waits until the very last ever-lovin' minute to get up.
Unexpected bonus side: I'm not having cravings for junk food anymore, my appetite has decreased, I'm satisfied with smaller helpings of sweets, and have lost about 5 pounds since starting the Tumeric.

Coin #3:
Tarnished side: forgot to turn my bathroom dehumidifier off Monday morning and it ran constantly on high at the 7 setting for over 8 hours.
Golden side: the bathroom was good and dry (and warm), the driest it's ever been which is great and the dehumidifier seems to be fine.
Unexpected bonus side: my house is still here.

Coin #4:
Tarnished side: PMS is making my face break out.
Golden side: the zits are small and going away overnight with spot applications of powdered Tumeric mixed with real lemon juice and left on all night.
Unexpected bonus side: this potion seems to be making my brown spots and moles smaller and less prominent.

Coin #5:
Tarnished side: tonight Doodle yarfed up her entire dinner - multiple times - and she's going to be up-my-butt affectionate and a sink-drain surfer until she's fed her bedtime snack. And here she comes now.
Golden side: her dinner was colorless which made cleaning up the fabric surfaces she yarfed on easy and stain-free.
Unexpected bonus side: at least she doesn't have the big D.

No comments: