Friday, April 17, 2009

Baby's Got Her Car Butt Back

My car's butt has been fixed and now looks just like it should - new and red and shiny and scratchless. Priceless!

Basically they just took the back bumper off like a Lego piece, buffed, repainted, and baked it. Now it has to "cure" for at least 30 days before I get the ResistAll put back on.

I got to drive a Chevy Cobalt for two days as my loaner-car. This car was like driving a brick with behavior issues - clunky, hard to steer, and it always wanted to go to the right and when I made it go to the left, it took it to extremes. I'm surprised I wasn't pulled over for erratic driving.

So, yes, my car is "devalued" while still "almost new", but as I plan to keep it as long or longer than my old car (13 yrs) and it looks like new again (shiny butt!), I'm not really all that concerned about it's value to anyone other than moi.

No comments: