Monday, February 09, 2009

Vent-ilation

Oh my, let me tell you. That movie clerk almost had himself ripped a new butthole, on his face. I went to the movies with a friend on Saturday. We made these plans on Friday afternoon after checking the paper that comes out, every Friday, that tells when the weekend movie times are. We chose "New In Town".

So I get to the theater and I'm waiting for her. She's a bit late and I decide to get my ticket coz it looked like things were going to get busy. I plunk my money down and say "one for New In Town."

He said, "The next showing is 7:20pm".

???????????????????

Me: "What?"
MovieJerk, sorry, Clerk: "The next showing is at 7:20pm."
Me: "It's supposed to be 1:20pm."
MovieJerk, errr, Clerk: "Well, it's been cancelled due to the Opera."
Me: ????????????? "What do you mean, it said the showing was at 1:20pm?"
MovieJerk, I mean Clerk: "The live Opera is showing in that theater."
Me: "It didn't say that in the paper."
MovieJerk, Clueless Clerk: "What paper?"
Me: "The paper that comes out on Friday so you can plan your weekend movie viewing."
MovieJERK: "Well, it wasn't in the paper."
My Mind: "Lissen you sumbitch, you tellin' me my movie's been dumped for some dumbass Opera gig? No head's up in the papers? Are you frickin' serious? I'm about to come over that counter and put an extra orifice where the sun does shine!!!"
Me: walking off because I'm about to lose an extremely bad temper and I'm not interested in playing with Security.

I waited for my friend, she finally arrived, and I not so calmly explained the asinine situation. She and I talked, well, she talked and I fumed, and decided to see our second choice "Push".

We get back up to the counter and she paid first. While waiting for my ticket, I told MovieClerkJerk that they really needed to consider advance advertising and to think ahead more when they do events like the Opera that cancel movies like "New In Town". He just nodded. It'll never happen. But I was delighted that a woman behind me asked him in a trumpety very irritated voice, "What, New In Town's been cancelled?"

I wasn't the only one, there were lots of couples who came in after me and ended up leaving coz their weekend plans were stomped on as well.

As for "Push", it had a good premise with some interesting special effects but it fell far short of a "wow" movie as it had a lot of unused and underutilized potential with lots of room for improvement.

No comments: